Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Trifecta From Intellectual Hell

Busy as I have been these last couple of weeks, I have not had much time to contribute original articles to the blog. Fortunately, Keith Olbermann has an uncanny ability to read my mind and to condense into 90 seconds my opinions about the intellectual dishonesty that conservative try to pass as honest and unbiased criticism of liberal ideas.



Suffice it to say that Jonah Goldberg has written a book called "Liberal Fascism". The title is, literally, all you need to know to understand the book and its author.

P.S. I thought the title was all you needed to know, but today, March 30, 2008, I actually found a very enlightening review by David Neiwert, who will enjoy my everlasting thanks for writing it, that explains quite why Goldberg's book belongs in the annals of ignorance, dishonesty, and ridicule by disemboweling the stupidity of Goldberg's arguments. It is, in short, a horrid piece of revisionist crap that only in a media world ruled by the Limbaughs, the Hannitys, the Drudges, the O'Reilly's could have found its way to a printing press.

3 comments:

Jeff Burton said...

"The title is all you need to know."

I hesitate to submit this comment, knowing how exacting you are in keeping all discussion focused on your posts, but I'm feeling brave this morning. Referring to that noxious title, do you know whence it came? Hint: with your deep knowledge of the 30's and 40's, that should be no problem for you.

The Daily Fuel said...

Count Cavour used the expression "intellectual hell" in the middle of the 19th century, referring to the town of Turin where science and intelligence were regarded as the devil's work.

The phrase has also been used by Freud. But no, your reference to the 30's and 40's escapes me.

Jeff Burton said...

What a funny solopsism. The title I was referring to was the title of Goldberg's book, which you believe is grounds for dismissing it without the most cursory investigation.

Copyright 2004-2012 TheDailyFuel.com