Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Blessed Be Sen. Sanders

In an interview with the Huffington Post, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said:
I think the strategy should be to say, it doesn't take 60 votes to pass a piece of legislation. It takes 60 votes to stop a filibuster. I think the strategy should be that every Democrat, no matter whether or not they ultimately end up voting for the final bill, is to say we are going to vote together to stop a Republican filibuster. And if somebody who votes for that ends up saying, 'I'm not gonna vote for this bill, it's too radical, blah, blah, blah, that's fine.'

Sen. Sanders also added:
I think the idea of going to conservative Republicans, who are essentially representing the insurance companies and the drug companies, and watering down this bill substantially, rather than demanding we get 60 votes to stop the filibuster, I think that is a very wrong political strategy.

You can read the whole article here.

Also, don't forget to tune in to the Thom Hartmann Program every Friday at 12:00 EST(every day, actually) to listen to "Brunch with Bernie", Thom's weekly conversation with the Vermont senator.

No comments:

Copyright 2004-2012 TheDailyFuel.com