Monday, August 24, 2009

Does Florida Allow Recall Elections?

As a matter of fact, I checked, and it does. I suggest, then, that Floridians use their power to remove Gov. Crist from office, because of this little nugget:

Crist noted that just before his election in 2006, Florida had been affected by a total of eight hurricanes in 2004 and 2005.

"Do you know the last time it was we had a hurricane in Florida? It's been awhile. In 2007, I took my first trade mission. Do you know where I went?" said Crist, a Methodist, referring to a trip to Israel.

He then told of going to the Western Wall and inserting a note with a prayer. He said it read, "Dear God, please protect our Florida from storms and other difficulties. Charlie."

Based on Crist's pronouncement, it seems obvious that he does not quite get the constitutional mandate of "no religious test" for public office. How are opponents supposed to measure up to Crist? Should they prove they pray harder, and with better results? Could they? This is not simply a case of a politician expressing his religious belief or conviction, it is a case of a Gov. implying that Floridians are lucky to have him as Governor because he is a believer and prayer is a tool that works in successfully repelling hurricanes. Does that not put an atheist candidate, for example, at an insurmountable disadvantage? For Crist's sake. Crist should be removed from office because he is obviously deranged and unable to serve the people he represents.

Not that I wish a hurricane on Florida (besides, I don't pray, so I don't have the power to make it happen), but I am really curious to see what Gov. Crist will say when the inevitable happens (probably "Thank God for not making it worse.")

No comments:

Copyright 2004-2012 TheDailyFuel.com