Friday, August 21, 2009

A Look At Health Care Around The World

T.R. Reid is an American reporter for the Washington Post who may be better known to you for a documentary which aired on PBS called Sick Around The World, in which he examined the way other nations handle health care, spending much less and achieving better outcomes than the United States.

His new book, The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care, has just been released. I have just bought it, and I plan to read it right away and share my thoughts on it here.

In the meantime, I recommmend this essay called 5 Myths About Health Care Around the World, Read's piece in Sunday's Washington Post, to those who believe that there is no health care crisis in the United States and that no one could possibly "do health care better than the USA, USA, USA!!!" Learning something for a change will not hurt you, I promise.

No comments:

Copyright 2004-2012 TheDailyFuel.com