Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Obama's First Townhall Meeting On Health Care

I just got done watching the first of three Obama's townhall meetings on health care reform. The president did an excellent job explaining his goals, refuting misconceptions and lies, and promoting health care reform. All I can say to those who are protesting (in bad faith, i.e. just to protect special interests; people like Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, and pols bought and paid for by the health care industrial complex, just to clarify) is this: I hope you get sick, lose your coverage, go bankrupt and die a painful death. Too many people have suffered and continue to suffer needlessly for these clowns to go on spewing their lies and continue scaremongering.

My wife always tells me I should not wish ill on others, but I don't believe in judgment day and my only hope is that people who act in bad faith will be punished in this life. There.

As for those who are carrying their masters's water unwittingly, many of whom are self-styled Christians, all I can say is this: forgive them, for they are too dumb to know what they are doing.

UPDATE:
I am now watching Sen. McCaskill (D-MO) answer questions at a townhall in Missouri. A participant (applauded by many in attendance) brought up a devious piece of bullshit pushed by the Christian right that the public option will include paying for elective abortions. Sen. McCaskill explained that there is nothing in the 600 plus pages of the Senate bill (which has yet to be voted on) which changes the Hyde Amendment, which bars use of federal funds for abortions, except for cases of rape, incests and danger to the life of the mother. Additionally, the senator said that she would not vote for a bill which contained changes to the Hyde Amendment. Nonetheless, anti-choice* people were not content and kept booing the senator throughout. God this people are idiots.

The crowd is very vociferous and disruptive and making it hard for Sen. McCaskill to keep her cool. This combination, the idiotic acceptance of misinformation and the incivility, shows America at its worst these days.

UPDATE 2:
Sen. McCaskill just said: "I really don't understand this rudeness... I don't know what else I can do... Do you really think you are convincing people when you shout as you do?"

The more ignorant and uneducated people are, the more vocal and boisterous they are, senator.



*It takes more than being against abortion to be pro-life

No comments:

Copyright 2004-2012 TheDailyFuel.com